M.D DINESH NAIR
A SMILE REBORN
A smile had long been missing from my face!
As for that matter from many a face around me! !
But I smiled yesterday believe it..
And it lasted for a few seconds indeed!
A nomad in mirth and his kiddy sibling
Passed by me singing a lyric of their own fibre...
I murmer the lyric unto the skies and my poet brethern
Who have not smiled for long....
' When you smile you are a man
Or else you are a ghost indeed'.
What made them sing so I know not...
But I had ceased to be the ghost in me for a while....!
M.D DINESH NAIR's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A SMILE REBORN by M.D DINESH NAIR )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Prayer For My Daughter, William Butler Yeats
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- unemployment, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty