Paul Laurence Dunbar
A Song (#3)
MY heart to thy heart,
My hand to thine;
My lips to thy lips,
Kisses are wine
Brewed for the lover in sunshine and shade;
Let me drink deep, then, my African maid.
Lily to lily,
Rose unto rose;
My love to thy love
Rend not the oak and the ivy in twain,
Nor the swart maid from her swarthier swain.
Paul Laurence Dunbar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Song (#3) by Paul Laurence Dunbar )
Did you read them?
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico