A Sonnet to the Morning
Sweet amber nectar enliven the natural pallet of Gaia.
Respond to the sacred journey of the golden chariot, awaken!
Dawn breeze sing your melody to the nature of Earth
Who, from the embraces of Nyx, from their slumber softly shaken!
Leaf and flower, with fond embrace, cradle the riches of Helius
Who, from the east has risen, rides the arbiter of life.
The sacred steeds, on hoof of fire, charge forward from the east
And, hail all from the mantle green with an incandescent feast.
And though, with its glorious spite, the chariot rids the day of night.
So ventured forward the day in wondrous light, by Helius born.
The goddess of the night returns to her abode - she is a slumber,
As the Muses direct the sweet chorus of birth; day is born.
As the morning song sings to those who have awoken,
I am the MORNING! I have spoken, and I am awoken.
James Asher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sonnet to the Morning by James Asher )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine
- Truth stands, gajanan mishra
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR