A Spring Afternoon in the Northeast of the USA
In New York, New Jersey, one can really feel a change
In the climate: the coming of spring, a new season.
The sun is shining more; the days are longer for a good reason.
The trees slowly start blooming; one feels a little strange,
Witnessing the pirouettes of the giant flies in the air.
It is like a circus, the birds are singing, the bees buzzing,
And the spiders doing their acrobatic moves. The toddlers dare
To leave their heavy jackets or coats indoor. Spring, spring,
Sweet spring is here. It is a spectacular show of luscious flowers.
The neighbors are mowing their lawns, so the April showers
Can wash away the salt and the frost off the grass.
There are more visitors in the parks and the elders return to mass.
Spring is a florally joyful season in the northeastern states.
There is a picnic in the park this afternoon; bring your plates,
And your cups. We’re going to have a blast; we’re going to have fun.
Spring is in the air, let‘s enjoy the cool rays of the sun.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Spring Afternoon in the Northeast of the USA by Hebert Logerie )
- we are free to follow their rules. Is th.., jannella aryton
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow