A Spring Afternoon in the Northeast of the USA
In New York, New Jersey, one can really feel a change
In the climate: the coming of spring, a new season.
The sun is shining more; the days are longer for a good reason.
The trees slowly start blooming; one feels a little strange,
Witnessing the pirouettes of the giant flies in the air.
It is like a circus, the birds are singing, the bees buzzing,
And the spiders doing their acrobatic moves. The toddlers dare
To leave their heavy jackets or coats indoor. Spring, spring,
Sweet spring is here. It is a spectacular show of luscious flowers.
The neighbors are mowing their lawns, so the April showers
Can wash away the salt and the frost off the grass.
There are more visitors in the parks and the elders return to mass.
Spring is a florally joyful season in the northeastern states.
There is a picnic in the park this afternoon; bring your plates,
And your cups. We’re going to have a blast; we’re going to have fun.
Spring is in the air, let‘s enjoy the cool rays of the sun.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Spring Afternoon in the Northeast of the USA by Hebert Logerie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- kojo the devil, Emmanuel chibuike
- E-rated poemier-Someone who stole, Elvis Airohi
- A Thank You Note, Emily Liang
- ~ Lonely ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Sunshine, Emily Liang
- Drying River., Bieze Josephat
- WE MUST STICK TO OUR WORDS يجب ان نلتصق .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Miss You, Gabriel Mbusya
- WE MUST STICK TO OUR WORDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ceremonial Dance., Bieze Josephat