A Spring Evening
Come evening, friend, who surrounds my forehead with darkness
Gliding on paths through soft-green sowing.
Also willows beckon solemnly and calmly;
A beloved voice whispers in the branches.
The tranquil wind floats beautiful things here from somewhere,
Scent of daffodils which silverly touches you.
In the hazel bush the blackbird makes music -
A shepherd's song gives answer from the firs.
How long the small house has disappeared
Where now a birch copse gushes;
The pond bears a lonely constellation -
And shadows rounding silently in the goldenness!
And time is so miraculous,
That one looks for angels in human glances
Which delight in innocent play.
Yes! Time is so miraculous.
Georg Trakl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Spring Evening by Georg Trakl )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Dayspring, Frank Avon
- A Lonely Princess, Steve Kittell
- Recife Dogs Haiku, Kim Barney
- Pausing - That Was All, Frank Avon
- Truth, Please, Sandra Feldman
- can I be..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- As You Laid There, GJG Elton
- At the market..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan