A Spring Evening
Come evening, friend, who surrounds my forehead with darkness
Gliding on paths through soft-green sowing.
Also willows beckon solemnly and calmly;
A beloved voice whispers in the branches.
The tranquil wind floats beautiful things here from somewhere,
Scent of daffodils which silverly touches you.
In the hazel bush the blackbird makes music -
A shepherd's song gives answer from the firs.
How long the small house has disappeared
Where now a birch copse gushes;
The pond bears a lonely constellation -
And shadows rounding silently in the goldenness!
And time is so miraculous,
That one looks for angels in human glances
Which delight in innocent play.
Yes! Time is so miraculous.
Georg Trakl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Spring Evening by Georg Trakl )
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)