A Spring Evening
Come evening, friend, who surrounds my forehead with darkness
Gliding on paths through soft-green sowing.
Also willows beckon solemnly and calmly;
A beloved voice whispers in the branches.
The tranquil wind floats beautiful things here from somewhere,
Scent of daffodils which silverly touches you.
In the hazel bush the blackbird makes music -
A shepherd's song gives answer from the firs.
How long the small house has disappeared
Where now a birch copse gushes;
The pond bears a lonely constellation -
And shadows rounding silently in the goldenness!
And time is so miraculous,
That one looks for angels in human glances
Which delight in innocent play.
Yes! Time is so miraculous.
Georg Trakl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Spring Evening by Georg Trakl )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Depicting Hearts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Meant To Be, Brianna Kimball
- Definition Of Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Quality Of Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- her humor, Bull Hawking
- For CARL, Mae Ethan
- AT THE MOMENT, Mae Ethan
- Mirror - Like Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart Attack, Bradley835289 Dunivan633418
- The BLISS Train IS Rollin'! ! !, Monk E. Biz