A Sunday Prayer 02
Oh Lord, as I look around,
at our green and wonderful world,
that you bequeathed to us.
Help us in our endeavours,
to make it stay that way.
Help us turn the tide of greed,
which wants to destroy what we have.
Help us nurture this green and fertile land,
so that we cannot only live here,
but all of your other creatures too,
from the largest to the smallest,
we all need guidance
from your sacred hands,
so that our planet,
stays a green and fertile land.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sunday Prayer 02 by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Teacher, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara
- No need to ask, gajanan mishra