Dr John Celes
A Teacher’s Student-days...
In school, I was a student good,
And did all that a student should –
Learning, reading, playing with zeal,
and enjoying my mother’s meal.
I loved the English language much;
My mother’s words were fairy’s touch;
I did my pupil’s duties well;
My school-years turned out to be swell!
God was right in my heart always;
I was given a Christian base;
I was a talented youth then,
with wisdom first, and second, ken.
I never knew the world so vile;
I studied hard in my own style;
God blessed me well, seeing my heart;
I did all things with love and art.
If God is placed as prime in life,
Our days on earth can deal with strife;
The grace of God can wonders do,
and drink we can heavenly dew!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Teacher’s Student-days... by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel
- foliage, snehanair manikkath
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Yamashita/Medina Standard, Richard Thripp
- drops of dew, binod bastola
- Hello, This Is Reez, Rimni chakravarty