A thousand ways to kiss
O my, how bereft i am,
suddenly realising there must be a thousand ways to kiss.
Knowing only a handfull ways to kiss,
like the greetingkiss and the farewellkiss.
I would readily submit for kissingschool,
rather then living a life without knowing the art of kissing.
Should such a school exist, where i may learn the many diferent
ways to kiss. I would gladly submit to become a fullfledged kisser.
It seems such a school would be instrumental in teaching people the art of kissing again. For nowadays only little is tought as kissing seems to be a privilege rather then an art to be practiced.
My my what a world it is, we live in, knowing there must be a thousand ways to kiss. Whereas most people only know a handfull of ways.
Ruerd Visser's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A thousand ways to kiss by Ruerd Visser )
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)