Nichole Kaci McKnight
A Tribute To My Great Poets (Revised)
I forget who it was that invented the first electrode.
Let me praise the guy who invented the commode.
Love is all that matters in the solar system and universe
Some poets and writers like to compose using free verse.
I like to write my poems using ending rhymes.
Some poems I like to read over one hundred times.
The inspiration for some of my poems are from the divine.
The writings and poems of Jane Austen can make me pine.
A moving poem by Robert Frost can inspire my mind.
Let me mention another great poet name Edgar Allan Poe.
He wrote a poem called ‘The Raven’ about someone in woe.
So ode to the electrode, commode, the solar system, and the universe.
Hooray for poems that rhyme, things that are divine, and even free verse.
Bravo to poets who make me pine and all those who inspire my mind.
Let me pay a final tribute to the poets; Austen, Frost, and Poe.
I love to read a moving poem about loss and great human woe?
My favorite Frost poem is Road Less Taken; My favorite Poe poem is The Raven; And my favorite Austen poem is Ode to Pity.
*Definitions of pine: noun: have a desire for something or someone who is not present
Definitions of woe: noun: intense mournfulness, or misery resulting from affliction.
Nichole Kaci McKnight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tribute To My Great Poets (Revised) by Nichole Kaci McKnight )
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)