A Victim Of Workplace Bullying
His redneck workmates tease him at least that's what he said
They say such rude things to him like we've taken your girl to bed
They've doused his sandwiches in petrol and put salt in his flask of tea
And they've made life in the workplace for him a misery.
He is new to the workforce and to the workplace life still green
And he's just out of high school and he's only turned eighteen
About his older workmates he's too scared to complain
He'd rather keep his mouth shut and suffer the mental pain.
They taunt and persecute him his workmates a thuggish mob
And he won't complain them to his boss for fear he might lose his job
How many more are like him and suffer as he do?
For the victims of workplace bullying are no longer in the few.
He suffer on in silence and his problems only grow
And he is young and naive and his rights he does not know
His working life off to a bad start he's in at the deep end
And in the place he works at he doesn't have a friend.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Victim Of Workplace Bullying by Francis Duggan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque