A WAKING DREAM!
As if the horrors of the day weren’t enough,
The night comes with it’s reprisal of torment,
Where nothing stirs in its darkest depths,
But the waking dream of a sullen heart.
A dream that eludes by the day,
Shies away in the world’s ghastly stare,
By the horns night wrestles it to stay,
The waking is what I cannot bare.
If not for the dark night.
Is taken for granted- the sunlight,
IWho would ponder on the sting of the blight?
If not for the rain’s delight.
Who could afford to lay a dream?
If not for those sublime celestial things.
If not for those flights of the mind,
Who would dare soar over those mundane things?
As every ray casts a shadow and a doubt;
One is always needed to balance the other out.
There in the woods I retreat,
Among those leaves that have their final purpose met,
But mine is yet to begin;
Waiting for spring to throw a riot.
As every tree must wear many a winter’s wreaths,
So must every life carry a few resigned breaths.
The dread that makes me yell your name
Paler with fright of the waiting game.
What I wouldn’t say in the light of day
Night takes liberty to cast away,
So that in my pathless way you would stray,
To undo the wrong &put an end to night by day.
With a kiss upon your brow,
Let the New Year sing,
How could my days be a dream?
If I call your name waking!
Seema joglekar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A WAKING DREAM! by Seema joglekar )
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 March 1907 – 11 September 1987)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Clean And Cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Main neer bhari dukh ki badli, Mahadevi Varma
Poem of the Day
- Resolution, Neela Nath
- The Fault In Our Stars, Asma Riaz Khan
- Heaven's Delight, JJ Evendon
- (7) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Two or Three, M.J. Lemon
- A Modern Haiku For Modern Life, M.J. Lemon
- We are All Nomads, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dancing Shadows!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Still I Rise, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sweet Sadness, Md. Ziaul Haque