A Walk In The Dark
The crackle of fire in the distance....
the smell of smoke in the mist...
the moon shinning on frosty leaves....
awakening memories of the past....
the shiver down your spine...
the fog of your breath in the air...
the deafaning silence of the night.....
awakening the lost from their slumber...
the feeling of being watched....
the creak of wooden lids.....
the sound of aged bones stiring once more...
awakening childhood fears....
the darkness stretches onwards like a blank canvas for the imagination....
the artist your unspoken fears....
the paint is your childhood nightmares.....
awakening the monsters within your mind....
the monsters awaken....
the dead begin to arise....
the spectres come out to haunt you....
awakening the terror in your mind....
the ground is uneven under the pounding of your feet....
the mist chills you to the core....
the night surrounds and consumes you...
awakening you no more.
Peter Madden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Walk In The Dark by Peter Madden )
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)