A WALK ON THE BEACH
We trod along the beach
beneath the stars - two lovers
hand in hand gazing at the sky
and the lights along the far shore!
The city of Saint Francis on the Pacific
bestows its brilliance and blessing
on two souls enraptured by love
and molten passion.
We swear vows to each other
as though engraving words
on alabaster marble that outlasts
the ravages of time!
The inconstant moon looks down
with unabashed envy
at two mortal lovers
walking an earthly beach.
Michael Pruchnicki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A WALK ON THE BEACH by Michael Pruchnicki )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson
- Rain at Reading, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- A Special Mother, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Fallen Soldier Table, Jon M. Nelson
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- tRyiNg 2 right 1 $eN10s i MiGht UnDerStand, sEaN nOrTh
- Love and Work, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Artistic Need For Suffering, Kyle Schlicher