A WALK ON THE BEACH
We trod along the beach
beneath the stars - two lovers
hand in hand gazing at the sky
and the lights along the far shore!
The city of Saint Francis on the Pacific
bestows its brilliance and blessing
on two souls enraptured by love
and molten passion.
We swear vows to each other
as though engraving words
on alabaster marble that outlasts
the ravages of time!
The inconstant moon looks down
with unabashed envy
at two mortal lovers
walking an earthly beach.
Michael Pruchnicki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A WALK ON THE BEACH by Michael Pruchnicki )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton
- Insomnia, petra pen
- "The Rest of My Life.", Aaron Waingrow
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave