Dr John Celes
A Warm Welcome to Teachers Today
Gone are the days of Guru-shishya!
Teachers of mettle are on the wane
Most things seem changed in today’s world
Ethics is on a downward trend
Students feel they can learn themselves
The Internet gives a false confidence
But none can be blamed for how things are
Virtues are declining fast!
Yet, teaching is a noble art!
Good teachers are a country’s wealth
Teachers must put their heart, mind, soul
Into teaching – their professional goal!
A teacher must be role-model
A teacher must be exemplary
A teacher must be knowledgeable
A teacher must be dedicated
Let’s change the world of teaching then
Let’s share with love, selflessly ken
Let’s make better all our children
Let’s make the student’s life, heaven!
Let noble thoughts fill teacher’s heart
Let perseverance rule the craft
Let craft become to all an art
Let love of teaching make head-start!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Warm Welcome to Teachers Today by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- So many waters, gajanan mishra
- Mary-Lou and Warburton Mountain, douglas scotney
- HAIKU 2, Cheryl Griffith
- Collect Call to: F. J. Thomas..., Monk E. Biz
- Bed Time, Michael McParland
- Trepidation, Laura Milner
- Yes September, gajanan mishra
- A RAINING AFTER DROUGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Illuminating, Mark Heathcote
- Over looking choice, Jessica Dehn