A Wish Come True
No rules apply
Anything you want
Will you be selfish?
A new car? Riches?
Happiness? Feelings of love? A family? Healing?
Will you be humble?
World peace? Love?
A wish for everyone else?
Time to wish
Close your eyes
No taking back
I wish that all things work together for good.
I open my eyes,
No news story
Nothing is different
As the years go by I see no evidence of my wish come true
I realize my wish come true
Romans 8: 28
“We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose.”
Daniel Cook's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wish Come True by Daniel Cook )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye