Nana Kwame Nketsiah
A Worthless Life
Long gone the passing time,
Yesterday seemed so long.
Though in my pocket there is no dime,
My mouth would not wet without my tongue.
Indeed the brutality of my years,
Aiming aimlessly for what is my.
While my legs fickle with fears,
I would not run away in caves to hide.
Praying the same old prayer,
The lord is my shepherd.
Though in my mind I suffer,
And the countless God bless you I heared.
Lest in my life I shall never want,
Yet struggling hard as the elephant.
Whose strength is no match for the ant,
Though ends meet are naught but vainly hunt.
The cursed sun, hanging up like a blessing,
Scorching the very sweat out of my body.
And though the birds in the night they sing,
There feathers would never fall fast from there body.
Is this the principle of a worthless life?
Or just another day of many days.
Though the bees may hide in hives,
There aim is to continue there hay
Nana Kwame Nketsiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Worthless Life by Nana Kwame Nketsiah )
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
- An Earthen Lamp, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Let me love you, gajanan mishra
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
- Everyday Is Poetry, Abekah Emmanuel
- Run little boy, Noorjehan Khan
- Phone Line Died, Michael McParland
- Athena's ire, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Challenge, Afshan Fatima
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)