Nana Kwame Nketsiah
A Worthless Life
Long gone the passing time,
Yesterday seemed so long.
Though in my pocket there is no dime,
My mouth would not wet without my tongue.
Indeed the brutality of my years,
Aiming aimlessly for what is my.
While my legs fickle with fears,
I would not run away in caves to hide.
Praying the same old prayer,
The lord is my shepherd.
Though in my mind I suffer,
And the countless God bless you I heared.
Lest in my life I shall never want,
Yet struggling hard as the elephant.
Whose strength is no match for the ant,
Though ends meet are naught but vainly hunt.
The cursed sun, hanging up like a blessing,
Scorching the very sweat out of my body.
And though the birds in the night they sing,
There feathers would never fall fast from there body.
Is this the principle of a worthless life?
Or just another day of many days.
Though the bees may hide in hives,
There aim is to continue there hay
Nana Kwame Nketsiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Worthless Life by Nana Kwame Nketsiah )
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
- YOU Are First Fiddle in Your Concert, AL.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)