Nana Kwame Nketsiah
A Worthless Life
Long gone the passing time,
Yesterday seemed so long.
Though in my pocket there is no dime,
My mouth would not wet without my tongue.
Indeed the brutality of my years,
Aiming aimlessly for what is my.
While my legs fickle with fears,
I would not run away in caves to hide.
Praying the same old prayer,
The lord is my shepherd.
Though in my mind I suffer,
And the countless God bless you I heared.
Lest in my life I shall never want,
Yet struggling hard as the elephant.
Whose strength is no match for the ant,
Though ends meet are naught but vainly hunt.
The cursed sun, hanging up like a blessing,
Scorching the very sweat out of my body.
And though the birds in the night they sing,
There feathers would never fall fast from there body.
Is this the principle of a worthless life?
Or just another day of many days.
Though the bees may hide in hives,
There aim is to continue there hay
Nana Kwame Nketsiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Worthless Life by Nana Kwame Nketsiah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Song, Sarojini Naidu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man