Shania K. Younce
Aback, aback the child was.
For stuff of powdery white is falling from the sky.
For the air became chilled.
Icicles did slowly form.
In the reflection of gradualy freezing water stared the boy.
In the reflection of his eyes tears did still in mid-flow.
The grass did not wave in the cold wind.
Oh, pain there was in the boy.
For a child he is.
For the pain did still.
A lady of many years did come.
For she looked old and young.
For she said, 'I did hear you call and I did take your hand.'
'Why, oh great lady with silver moon hair and pale complexion? '
'Why, I my fair child boy you are mine, 'said the lady.
'You are mine and if you call I shall apear.'said the lady.
'I am aback with desire and should like to be all yours as I am a child boy.'said the child.
So, they lived sweetly in ample delight.
Shania K. Younce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Aback' by Shania K. Younce )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam