Nichole Kaci McKnight
About the Flowers
A song once asked: 'Where have all the flowers gone? '
I say the flowers are still there, I could be wrong.
But I liked the meaning to that song.
I feel like we belong.
I say look beneath the surface to see the flowers.
Still there in the roots and soil are remnants of those flowers, I could look for hours at the flowers.
As I come down from my ivory tower, I realize my mind wondered for several hours about the flowers.
As I look beyond my tower to see all the flowers.
I see many things like the flowers from beyond my tower.
As I sit and cower, to see life's' many flowers, I feel their power.
Those flowers toil upon the soil for hour to hour, we realize that we can be spoiled.
As their roots begin to toil, from the hot sun they begin to be boiled.
But soon we realize the sun above rains it rays down to help the flowers grow moreover.
When the flowers bloom and prosper, we see their power all over.
When flowers die their spirit lives on within the soil.
And when spring comes again new flowers live in the soil.
Where have all the flowers gone? I hope I know the meaning to life.
I may have the answer, but I could be wrong. Or maybe I need to get a life without any strife.
Nichole Kaci McKnight's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (About the Flowers by Nichole Kaci McKnight )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Art of True Love, John Knight
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Disappearing Trauma, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Without Arms, M.J. Lemon
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson