Abuse has held me for so long now I fight back
Abuse nearly destroyed me.
It nearly makde me end it all.
But now I do see.
The bastards would of loved that.
They would of won all over again.
They nearly did win.
But I've got some new fight.
I will do the best to beat this.
I cant let them beat me.
I musent let them win.
Its what they want.
Abuse has held me back.
Its held me back for years.
Well not no more.
I so want to beat this.
Trouble is these words.
I have to write.
As yet I cant speak them.
Mabey in time I will
Amy Kerswell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abuse has held me for so long now I fight back by Amy Kerswell )
- Last Words, Josilinia Plyman
- Bogus Are Your Deeds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- An Unfortunate Death, Kim Barney
- in time, Cee Bea
- Genetic Predisposition And Violence, Is It Poetry
- Reading a Book, swapna bhattacharya
- Sparky, Rena Thompson
- Self-Portrait, swapna bhattacharya
- This Thing Called Life Just Won't Stop H.., ary bolanos
- Hope For Us, favour ugwumba
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Ballad of Death, Algernon Charles Swinburne
- Aphrodisiac, Sheldon Allan Silverstein
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)