You came to me and I found the pining of
Unrequited love in your eyes..
My sweet heart! When did we initially meet in our life?
In which birth, in which dusk of the aeons;
Where did we see each other first time, in life?
Generations walked through these streets,
Laughing and crying, kicking these earth,
Making it muddy and turbid, for a long time.
Our treads which were imprinted there, were
Covered with dust and mud, and our memories also
Submersed in it, for long, quite invisible to us.
If we forget each other for ever and our paths
Have never crossed again to meet,
What could have been our unimaginable destiny?
Our love began to bud, in our childhood days.
We kept nourishing the flame, until those ill-fated hours,
When, like a tsunami, the fate swept away
The ravishing flowers of that adoration,
Into different distant lands, and we lost touch.
Once again, if we have not met in our life,
If we have not recognized each other,
After all these years, in our transformed looks,
We should have been carrying in our hearts,
The remorseful regrets, of our unfulfilled dreams, eternally.
kunjubi varghese's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accomplishment... by kunjubi varghese )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Blood Binds, Modou George
- Autumn Blossom, Modou George
- Anticipating Relief, Modou George
- Alone, Modou George
- Circles Of Pain, Margaret Alice Second
- We Are Hearts Of Life, Naveed Akram
- Glisten & Wait, Nika McGuin
- Paddy Murphy Is Fred Astaire, Donal Mahoney
- Forgiveness, Eugene Latumbo
- Wrapping Paper, Bows, and You, Nika McGuin