Aches and Pains
I’ve a pain; I’ve had it for weeks,
I’ve a belly that gives out leaks,
I’m all mixed up, I can’t get on
Everything I do seems to be wrong.
I’m as light as a feather,
I’ve a balloon that’s a belly,
My insides must be full of air,
My skin must be old with wear.
I can’t seem to save any bread,
I know it’ll be murder if I wed,
If I do wed, well be broke all the time,
Everyone will give out a wine.
I’ve a sore throat, it could be tonsillitis,
Although its nothing really like it,
I keep getting terrible toothache,
I won’t go to the dentist, I’ll wait.
All these aches and pains,
Are getting me down again,
I’m always moaning to myself,
To others I’m always quite well.
Claire Galpin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aches and Pains by Claire Galpin )
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Bull Hawking
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- The Innkeeper’s Wife, Clive Sansom
- ALWAYS ON MY MIND, Stanley Oguh
- Wicketkeepers, Quir Diing Jr.
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- Le Déluge, Alfred de Vigny
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL