Aches and Pains
I’ve a pain; I’ve had it for weeks,
I’ve a belly that gives out leaks,
I’m all mixed up, I can’t get on
Everything I do seems to be wrong.
I’m as light as a feather,
I’ve a balloon that’s a belly,
My insides must be full of air,
My skin must be old with wear.
I can’t seem to save any bread,
I know it’ll be murder if I wed,
If I do wed, well be broke all the time,
Everyone will give out a wine.
I’ve a sore throat, it could be tonsillitis,
Although its nothing really like it,
I keep getting terrible toothache,
I won’t go to the dentist, I’ll wait.
All these aches and pains,
Are getting me down again,
I’m always moaning to myself,
To others I’m always quite well.
Claire Galpin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Aches and Pains by Claire Galpin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra
- Invocation, Hans Raj Sharma
- The tempest death, Akshansh Pandey
- MY POEMS, MOHAMMAD SKATI