Geetima Baruah Sarma
O mother, let me acknowledge
your selfless toil and pristine love
that you've always showered on me
and guided me to the right path in life.
Even today, when I'm beside you,
your face beams with sheer delight
and your tender heart can understand
all my emotions even though it's a trace.
Sacrifice, patience, trust...
ever shine through your actions,
wisdom, affection, inspiration...
ever reflect in your words.
You led me by example and
instilled courage to face challenges,
your vision - noble and lofty,
Oh! I simply admire your simplicity.
Inculcating values and self-reliance,
you taught me how to be independent,
I'm always proud of you, dear mother,
O God, take care of her forever.
[Published: In 'Your Space' of the e-journal 'Muse India' on 2 February 2012]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acknowledgement by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
- The Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- A reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- Like Arrows In Quivers, Saiom Shriver
- The Monster, crystal ruth
- A.Blok, You are - the wild call.. - tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, As day so light... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, The Petersburg twilights..- tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
- Rosy Wind, Casey Jarrell
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)