Acrostic. (number 1)
All sev'ral Beauties, Colors, Airs, and Grace,
None ever saw together in one Face:
No? hold a while; I do a Lady know,
Each several Beauty splendidly can show.
But alas! Beauty's but the smallest Grace,
Unless it be i'th' Mind as well as Face:
Rare she is too i'th' Beauties of the Mind;
Young, and yet wise, the wonder of her Kind.
Ephelia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acrostic. (number 1) by Ephelia )
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- Hurly-Burly هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI