Envious of infant innocence,
The company of sinners over saints,
I lost the friend who died at my expense,
Who with His Blood every sunset paints.
'The world's highs cannot beat Heaven's lows, '
He whispers to me as I run from Him,
Suffering the devil's vengeful blows,
Attended by His weeping seraphim.
He reaches to me, yet I spurn His touch!
Aware that I am wonderfully made,
He can never have loved me too much,
So spurning His love should make me afraid.
Anyone who suffers from addiction
Asks if it is really His affliction.
Luc Leclaire's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addiction by Luc Leclaire )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- आं थाबायो सिगांजोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- ~Red Lights~, E Nigma
- I Am Happy To Walk Home Alone Slowly, Shalom Freedman
- Why Can't I Sleep, rty rty
- जेब्ला आं जिरायना थायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Once Upon A Time, Matthias Pantaleon
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma