Geetima Baruah Sarma
One of the outstanding personalities of this corporation,
His success lied in his devotion, determination.
An able leader, highly committed to his work,
Laid great emphasis on co-operation and team work.
Largely appreciated for his discipline and punctuality,
His talent in cricket and badminton equally praiseworthy.
His large heartedness revealed his inner goodness,
Displaying his pleasing personality and nature of forgiveness.
Departure to another world, a harsh reality indeed,
Praying for his eternal peace, adieu I bid.
[Published in the souvenir 'Reverence' on 21 February 2010]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adieu by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua