Geetima Baruah Sarma
One of the outstanding personalities of this corporation,
His success lied in his devotion, determination.
An able leader, highly committed to his work,
Laid great emphasis on co-operation and team work.
Largely appreciated for his discipline and punctuality,
His talent in cricket and badminton equally praiseworthy.
His large heartedness revealed his inner goodness,
Displaying his pleasing personality and nature of forgiveness.
Departure to another world, a harsh reality indeed,
Praying for his eternal peace, adieu I bid.
[Published in the souvenir 'Reverence' on 21 February 2010]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adieu by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(18 June 1945)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Lonely Road, Alexander Onoja
- Happy Birthday Lord, Ron Baratono
- I Truly Do, Michael P. McParland
- I Still Love You, Michael P. McParland
- I Pray For You, Michael P. McParland
- Pangako, Jesus James Llorico
- I Only Have Eyes, Michael P. McParland
- Jessica Dances, Eleanor Farjeon
- I Need Your Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- I Need You (More Than You Know), Michael P. McParland