:) Advice To A Poet On Witness Of His Attempted Murder*
Rainer Maria Rilke gives good advice:
'... go into the depths in which your life takes rise
there you will find the answer to the question if you MUST create.'
You have received bad counsel
From the wolf pack that assembled to kill your spark.
I felt your poem's great beauty.
It took me with you to another place.
They killed you with their damned technique.
Use Rilke's dictum more than ever - Write!
The electronic book has changed it all.
Let consensus have the paper world.
Write and re-write until you know it says what you mean to say.
Critiqueing committtees do not write a poem,
Thank God Jefferson was a committee of one.
The power of their 'inalienable' process not denied.
Bill Grace's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (:) Advice To A Poet On Witness Of His Attempted Murder* by Bill Grace )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bloom Dream - Blütentraum, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- जोँ सोरजिगिरिनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- poor perfect pirate, Mandolyn Davidson
- Awaiting for Battle, Maverick Jones
- ERIOBOTYRA شجرة الاكي دنيا - بشملة - الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Uphill Fight, Maverick Jones
- I am Palestine, RiRi S...
- coasting on lucid language, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबोनि देँखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- grenadier guards, lee fones