A luxury quite pure, divine,
a languid afternoon nap;
Nothing can compare with mine,
as I don my siesta cap...
The air grows heavy, I feel afloat,
upon the drowzy winds that blow,
Across the bay, onto a boat,
amidst the nodding waves, we flow..
Crisp white cotton sheets caress,
Lure me deep within their folds;
Feathered pillows must digress,
my weary mind gently enfolds.
Distant calls of a lone sea-gull,
A roosters proud, clarion crow;
Familar sounds that soothe and lull,
as the briny breezes blow..
Wafting scents of passion pie,
Baking slow, decadently,
as fragrant as a lullabye,
that wakes me right in time for tea!
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afternoon Nap by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel