I pretended again today.
I smiled the same smile, laughed the same laugh...
Like an alien from another planet, I impersonated the human form perfectly.
No suspect, no question, no wondering..
I gave off the vibe of happiness and content..
I asked the right questions and gave the right answers.
No one could see, no one heard
I hid in broad daylight
Only when I was alone, only when I was sure noone would know..
Did I let myself be free, pretending no more, and allowing the tears to flow..
I pretended again today...
Anup Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Again Today by Anup Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries
- HAIKU...The Wizard of Ice, Ken e Hall