Every morning I lie warm peacefully sleeping
When rips through the air the most terrible beeping.
From a monstrous noisy shrieking plastic block
My nasty persistent tiny little alarm clock
All my good intentions I’d get up this day
Have overnight fled, are now long away
Across the room another alarm joins in
Just adding to the noise, oh what a din
I hide under the duvet please noise go away
I’m dopey, comfortable, warm, I want here to stay
I turn over, groan, and reach out for the snooze
Wishing the persistent noise I could loose
If only I can nap for a few minutes more
But this I have said so many times before
Its not that I dread the coming day
I just don’t like being rudely awoken this way
But this will be repeated tomorrow this I know
However much this alarm I want to throw.
Micron's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alarm clock by Micron )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tequila and Temptation., Marshall Gass
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry
- Amazing Grace, Mohammad Siddiqui
- After The Interview..., Morgan Michaels
- Where the Rapture?, Estelle Pigot
- I love you, Hafeni Nghidinua
- haikindof, Mandolyn ...