Hakīm Abu'l-Qāsim Ferdowsī Tūsī Firdowsi
Alas for Youth
Much have I labored, much read o'er
Of Arabic and Persian lore,
Collecting tales unknown and known;
Now two and sixty years are flown.
Regret, and deeper woe of sin,
'Tis all that youth has ended in,
And I with mournful thoughts rehearse
Bu Táhir Khusrawáni's verse:
'I mind me of my youth and sigh,
Alas for youth, for youth gone by!'
Hakīm Abu'l-Qāsim Ferdowsī Tūsī Firdowsi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alas for Youth by Hakīm Abu'l-Qāsim Ferdowsī Tūsī Firdowsi )
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley