Alas three boys
Three totally different ways of life.
Boys different external, but internal alike.
One wealthy, healthy, and famous in his time.
Wealthy from birth, wealthy from work, it didn't matter with him he ended up an arrogant, self-righteous jerk.
Healthy by blood, healthy by drugs, the only thing that stood in his way was a mirror and a non-cast-iron feather.
And they never stepped back to notice their error.
Famous by name, famous by unscrupulous fame, the only thing wrong in his life was not getting cast for the greatest roll in claim.
In this stage they are praised, worshipped by many, sought after by insecurity, building their confidence in transparency.
His life is exactly that, never less, no more.
Time on earth tells many lies.
The true clock shows life on earth as a simple tick-tock, behind the sill.
Jeff Rushton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alas three boys by Jeff Rushton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -56, Ronjoy Brahma
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma