Lord John Wilmot
All My Past Life...
All my past life is mine no more,
The flying hours are gone,
Like transitory dreams given o'er,
Whose images are kept in store
By memory alone.
What ever is to come is not,
How can it then be mine?
The present moment's all my lot,
And that as fast as it is got,
Phyllis, is wholly thine.
Then talk not of inconstancy,
False hearts, and broken vows,
Ii, by miracle, can be,
This live-long minute true to thee,
'Tis all that heaven allows.
Lord John Wilmot's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All My Past Life... by Lord John Wilmot )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- SAYING ONE'S PRAYERS PEACEFULLY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Talk to me and win, gajanan mishra
- Creators, Midnights Voice
- Without You..! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- I'm not fine without you, Pijush Biswas
- P08222014, Andy Caldwell
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI