Andrew David Dalby
All women are her
The cruelty of men placed her within a barbed wire cage
But oh how strong she stood, so bold and so very brave
For she guards her spirit from the black hooked talon's,
And a dark murder that longs to scythe the night apart.
The men bitterly mocked her, as they cruelly fought her,
They placed a gnarled rope around her proud noble neck,
And she took what they gave her, and faced her monster,
As the cruel brothers she knew just stole her spirit away.
But… oh… Christ how bloody brightly she still now sings,
With such open blossoming spring that from shining tiers
Which wrestles here so beautiful so eternal and so bright,
That slowly glisten as they rise with an ever diamond hew.
For the cruelty of men spat and simply called her a harlot,
But they did not know of the power that she had within,
For she was honest and proud and defiant and so loud,
And the man that she dearly loved gave himself for her.
Who is she? She is the light, she is the stain; she is the song,
She is the refrain, she is the humble the woken the proud.
She is the beauty, she is the duty, she is the body so strong.
And she is all woman, and in all women… for all women are her.
Andrew David Dalby's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All women are her by Andrew David Dalby )
- it's the little things that make love big, Mandolyn ...
- Time Frozen, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Time To Crash, Michael McParland
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Near faint beneath golden limes, Mark Heathcote
- Sakat Repertuar, Muzaffer Akin
- Caressing Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Slipping Away, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting In Revlon's Waiting Area, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mother & Daughter, Taimane Fanene
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mighty Horny Power Rangers, Ramona Thompson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)