Alone At Your Feet
Consider me yours;
for I worship You, Lord.
In the company of saints,
my spirit soared.
Now I need nothing.
My thoughts are of You.
My faith is complete.
My devotion is true.
Distractions are many.
Friends say, 'Grab this world.'
They love worthless things
and call them their pearls.
Now I can see
those people are clowns,
since death sets a trap
and they just fall down.
Here I sit
alone at your feet.
Give me your patience
to become complete.
To my old friends
I will not respond;
for You are the one
of whom I am fond.
If I deal with the world
for advantage or gain,
the saints will laugh;
They’ll know I’m insane.
But if I give You faith,
I’ll sit with the heroes
of ancient lore.
Sant Tukaram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone At Your Feet by Sant Tukaram )
- Ode To Peace, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Divine Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Dark chocolate, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colonization, gajanan mishra
- Coexisting, Kyle Schlicher
- Feelings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Let me tell a friend a story, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)