Am I Still Alive?
I saw a languid, thirsty flower
with lost smiles was crying.
I sprinkled water mixed with
my smiles to stop it from dying.
I saw a tree loosing its patience
standing there for ages.
I gave all my patience to it
which was borrowed from sages.
I saw breeze standing still, sad
, amidst mirthfulness dearth.
I couldn't see its sorrow,
sadness, handed all my mirth.
I saw a pond motionless,
no ripples, dull, calm and quiet.
I tied my liveliness to a stone
and threw into it to excite.
I saw hopeless sun filled with
despair was setting in west.
I gifted all my hope so that it
rises again with promise and zest.
Smiles, mirth and liveliness
all lost, now I had none.
Patience and hope were also
not with me, all gone.
Am I still alive? , thinking this
I looked deep into the skies.
A grave infront of me gazed at
my body with greedy eyes.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Am I Still Alive? by Md. Asadullah )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1923 - 1998)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- two line, Razaur Rahman
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The Greatest, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Rhyme, Akhil Arya
- The Best Days, Michael P. McParland
- The Arrival, Michael P. McParland
- Thank You So Very Much, Michael P. McParland
- This Life, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thank You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Tenderly Ask, Michael P. McParland
- Taking It All In, Michael P. McParland
- VAMPIRES, ZOMBIES, AND METH, Chaarzarul Rockett