Ambedo n. a kind of melacholic trance in which you become completely absorbed in vivid sensory details
I hear the wind pass my ears
as I watch the consequent sway of the deciduous trees
and, ripple of the beaten lake.
Recalling memories, tears and sadness;
a melancholy just like the changing seasons.
The larger the ripples, louder the breeze- the deeper
my subconscious indulges.
The leaves brown, and fall as my sanity fades away
revealing the hopelessness hidden in my soul.
This ambedo i suffer- The world moves forwards evident in my sight,
but my mentality stuck in reverse.
Noting the change in light- from morning to evening,
a tree stem a’yonder evolves. I think i see a person, am i dreaming?
A beauty of the night, illusion to my broken mind- change in gear.
The rose in my cheeks illuminates subsequent to the atmosphere-
ignorance to bliss.
The fabric now flowing hair, i dream your appearance.
Glistening beauty and the whistle of the wind your sweet voice
like birdsong to my ear.
Sunrise- the only real beauty.
But to me only illuminates the reinstated ugly truth.
My oasis now, nevermore. Left with-
The sound of wind passing my ears as,
I watch the consequent sway of the deciduous trees and ripple of the beaten lake.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ambedo by Matthew English )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Louisa May Alcott
(29 November 1832 – 6 March 1888)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 March 1892 – 15 April 1938)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Los heraldos negros, Cesar Vallejo
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In.., Billy Collins
- Forgetfulness, Billy Collins
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
Poem of the Day
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon
- Winter Twilight Haiku, Chenou Liu
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper