Edgar Rendon Eslit
Amend Is a Colorful Feather with a Purpose
Since everyone will never be running out of excuses:
“I forget” … is a recantation of what’s obvious,
“I lost it”… is always prone to abuse,
“I don’t know”… is even fallacious,
“I’ll try”… is always disastrous, and
“Maybe”… sounds so spontaneous like
“I’m sorry”…is so conducive to use.
Is there anything left to choose?
Amend is a colorful feather with a purpose.
Edgar Rendon Eslit's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amend Is a Colorful Feather with a Purpose by Edgar Rendon Eslit )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Hunkered Down With Memories, Lonnie Hicks
- ODESSA. UKRAINE., human woman
- THAT FACE ذلك الوجه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Looking Upon Us, Naveed Akram
- Sweet Valentine, Lara A. Aqrawi
- No Reins, Lauren B Called
- Nothing like IT, george albot
- Prayer to the Father, David Lessard