(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
An Ode To You...
Ode those that would place their family, before their
Ode, to the soul of our nation. Women. For if it is men,
that are the history, it is surely woman, that are the soul.
Ode, to those who provide, protect
and guide their loved ones.
Ode, to those that know the difference, between
compromising and belief.
Ode, to all who give their lives, in
time of war; especially the majority, for
they are mostly, from economically challenge areas.
Ode, to a rare breed of politician, who puts their
constitutes, before their political ambitions.
Ode to those that understand, that their religion is not
necessarily the one and true religion. For if that were
true, what of the billions of others, that have chosen
a religion, not likened to theirs?
Ode, to all who react, to the plight of those less fortunate.
Ode, to the parents of this world, who teach
their children the values of life and living.
Ode, to the countless millions, who give of themselves and
ask nothing in return.
Ode, to those who consciously attempt, to make this a better world.
For if we want a better world, each of us, must try and be better.
Ode, to the power, that causes words that are
lodged in the birth canal of life...to finally be born.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Ode To You... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A drop fell on the apple tree, Emily Dickinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Villanelle: When countries slaughter mai.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock