(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
An Ode To You...
Ode those that would place their family, before their
Ode, to the soul of our nation. Women. For if it is men,
that are the history, it is surely woman, that are the soul.
Ode, to those who provide, protect
and guide their loved ones.
Ode, to those that know the difference, between
compromising and belief.
Ode, to all who give their lives, in
time of war; especially the majority, for
they are mostly, from economically challenge areas.
Ode, to a rare breed of politician, who puts their
constitutes, before their political ambitions.
Ode to those that understand, that their religion is not
necessarily the one and true religion. For if that were
true, what of the billions of others, that have chosen
a religion, not likened to theirs?
Ode, to all who react, to the plight of those less fortunate.
Ode, to the parents of this world, who teach
their children the values of life and living.
Ode, to the countless millions, who give of themselves and
ask nothing in return.
Ode, to those who consciously attempt, to make this a better world.
For if we want a better world, each of us, must try and be better.
Ode, to the power, that causes words that are
lodged in the birth canal of life...to finally be born.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Ode To You... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- A poem for paige, jade mears
- Angel, Brian J. Stafford
- A Stone In Her Stream, George Dee Vuy
- The Cuckoo's Nest, David Lewis Paget
- Stay strong, jade mears
- Wanting to be free, jade mears
- A DIDACTIC POEM ABOUT WOMEN, AMADU KAMARA
- Velvet Voice, Susan Lacovara
- Real happiness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Bird eat Bird, Kim Barney