An Old Faithful That’s Still Around
Things have changed in our town.
All the old grocery stores
are gone out of business.
Theaters are closed.
New interstate highways are built.
Major hospitals have relocated
(and are booming with business) .
Very few of the old pharmacies
are still hanging ‘round.
The old department stores,
like kress, Nifty City
and H&L Green
are all gone.
But there is an old faithful
that’s still around.
Thrifty Supply Center,
an all-in-one hardware store;
The oldest in the city.
Ever body goes to Thrifty.
And having served for more than
one hundred years,
it’s a staple of the town.
Anie Vans's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Old Faithful That’s Still Around by Anie Vans )
- Light, Sadiqullah Khan
- Forever Peace, James coupland
- On a Certain Day, Sadiqullah Khan
- Loves Eternity, James coupland
- Loves Return, James coupland
- The Narrow Strip of Land, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Summertime, James coupland
- GIRL OF MY DREAMS., Changez Ndzai
- Answers Within, James coupland
- Our World, James coupland
Poem of the Day
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)