Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok
And I Shall Watch
And I shall watch how's coming to its end
The universe, my country, native.
The lone one, I shall be jubilant
On its commemorations, festive.
Let my age be alone, but rejoiced,
Fallen in love with the destructive instance.
Yes, I'm the only Providence's choice -
To witness death of the existence.
Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (And I Shall Watch by Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Blok )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1563 - 1631)
(7 May 1892 – 20 April 1982)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Gift, Li-Young Lee
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost