Looking up across the sky,
two feathers begin to fly.
They're falling down, within my sight,
and calmly landed in my hand without a fight.
In this time, they begin to glow,
and now they are an arrow and a bow.
From the time the arrow has been shot,
I began to dream my family's plot.
In this time, the arrow will shine.
A release of light made everything fine.
On this day, I've discovered my own fate.
It is now known that I can beautifully decorate.
In this time, the arrow lands.
It can only be in my healing hands.
In this time, the light will cease.
It will be tomorrow when the light can release.
It released a light that can heal a sparrow.
I now have an angel's arrow.
Casey Jarrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Angel's Arrow by Casey Jarrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai