Brooding, smoldering, deep lying in secret: .
Always there, waiting, watching for the moment.
Strong, powerful, and just below the surface
Coiled, tensioned, poised. Ready to attack!
A glowing ember deep within the bonfire.
Unseen but threatening every single hour.
A sudden conflagration in an instant
From dead to deadly in the blink of an eye.
Such is buried anger, suppressed for too long
Confined, constrained, held in check by fear.
It will break out, escape. Then, once it is free,
Injure all in its path, destroy its old home.
Hold not back your anger, buried deep inside
But rather check the flow, control the release.
Once tamed it will be a tool to ease your pain:
Directed it can restore your pride and hope.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anger by Dean Bottomley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Jenny Cho (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Making It, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Lisa Kelley (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman