U Win Kyi
Animal Rights (Anti-Fur Protest)
There was an anti-fur protest.
The participants stripped naked.
carrying the 'Animal rights 'placards,
shouting 'No Fur ' very loud and hard.
parading along the city boulevard.
Some with big ass.
Some with big bust.
They pleaded for pitiful animals,
by saying human has nylon, tetron, cotton and flannel.
They tried to protect the animal rights,
by saying that avoiding fur could end their plight.
The animals were skinned alive,
for their fur and hide,
to produce the expensive fur-garments
for those social elite to wear with elegance,
and status symbol and beauty,
while the animal are at poacher's mercy,
begging for pity,
with eyes teary.
Stone Age people wore fur.
If Civilised Modern people still wear fur,
though they have polyester,
they do not differ,
from the ancester,
a cave dweller.
U Win Kyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Animal Rights (Anti-Fur Protest) by U Win Kyi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- AS LONG AS AGGRESSION GOES ON, THEN PEOP.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Timeless Aging Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CUPS AND LUMPS, maqsood hasni
- How can i be against Marriage?, Anand Vivek
- Thoughts Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Genuine Soulmate, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- DON'T BE WORRIED, maqsood hasni
- Choice still in hand, maqsood hasni
- No Understanding Of Fate, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थुनलाइ सोरजिनि, Ronjoy Brahma