U Win Kyi
A Hungry Boy And Foolish Politician
A begging hungry boy
sobbing in a cry
while watching the firework display
as the New year was hailed.
Firework display cost money by millions,
giving some people just a fleeting fun.
But it wastefully burned
a lot of public fund.
The show was very spectacular
but it couldn't relieve his hunger.
It was nothing but waste of money.
He was not happy
because his tummy
so empty and hungry.
Many New Year promises the politicians make
but his hunger they can't alleviate.
If they have a wise brain
the world won't be the same.
If they do not make money waste
the boy will not be hungry with a thin waist.
U Win Kyi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Hungry Boy And Foolish Politician by U Win Kyi )
- Caesar And Crassus, Saiom Shriver
- >> Funny World, Abdul Wahab
- If, Menkato Awomi
- Agar tumain, Saleem Zidi
- The Pen As Midwife, Saiom Shriver
- Bride And Groom, Jeannette Heywood
- Lincoln And Thanksgiving, Saiom Shriver
- Fears are worse....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sleep, Akhil Zoomin
- Theres No Substitute For A Hard Worker, Katherine Perry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)