you are the game show host asking for my final answer.
with a million at stake, i hear only beeping getting faster.
cameras zoom in, as you clutch your mic & hold your breath.
just before the buzzer sounds, i open my mouth & say yes.
i exhale & you exhale. you already know i am right.
you just had to hear me say it before the end of the night.
chelle santos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (answer girl by chelle santos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -36, Ronjoy Brahma
- Tomorrow, Tony Adah
- Confession, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Rain and Water II, Ismim Putera
- Drained Of Everything, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dawn, Winston Edgar Hall
- The Heart's Journey, Connie Marcum Wong
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -35, Ronjoy Brahma
- Not To Take What They Do That Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar