Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Are you Loving Enough?
Are you loving enough? There is some one dear,
Some one you hold as the dearest of all
In the holiest shrine of your heart.
Are you making it known? Is the truth of it clear
To the one you love? If death's quick call
Should suddenly tear you apart,
Leaving no time for a long farewell,
Would you feel you had nothing to tell---
Nothing you wished you had said before
The closing of that dark door?
Are you loving enough? The swift years fly---
Oh, faster and faster they hurry away,
And each one carries its dead.
The good deed left for the by and by,
The word to be uttered another day,
May never be done or said.
Let the love word sound in the listening ear,
Nor wait to speak it above a bier.
Oh the time for telling your love is brief,
But long, long, long is the time for grief.
Are you loving enough?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are you Loving Enough? by Ella Wheeler Wilcox )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Feeling Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Don't Know Who You Are, Vera Sidhwa
- Poet's Space, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Flower Puff was Given To Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Thank You Darling, Michael P. McParland
- All Through The Night, Lora Colon
- How people Behave, Angell Afinowi
- Of Course it Was a Perfect Day, Ernest Lowe
- everything i ever wrote sort of had your.., Mandolyn ...
- i beg you to stay, JulietDanielle Everson