Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow
As I Reach Her Palace
Along the path I traverse to reach her,
She laid red carpet to soften my tread;
All thro’ the passage that leads to her,
She hung a canopy to shelter from heat.
Refreshing green garden she raised on sides,
Lovely blossoms welcome me, she ensured;
She conspired with wind to blow cool breeze –
So I reach her afresh, and seize her pretty young.
Indeed was I hot to reach and seize her young,
To hold in my arms and crush her to my chest,
And press my quivering lips to her ardent lips
Till we forget world and dissolve in each other.
As I reach her palace, loud drum beats I heard,
Fireworks covered sky with red and yellow hues,
Soothing sweet hymns I heard aloud around,
And, lo, her I saw in enthralling grace and smile.
I know not whether she or I ran to reach the other,
But I found we two tightly laced in the other,
Madly probing each other with whatever we have,
And surging deeper within, so, never to part again.
Impatient was I to the depth of my eager soul
To imbibe whatever she is, and store deep within;
I wanted all of her in whatever form she is,
And glided to uncover her to her true treasures.
She yielded her all to my impatient wild moves,
We reached, touched, crushed; unceasingly rolled,
We wanted more and more as moved to crescendo
And burst into togetherness that’s unexplained ever.
I filled her with me, and she, always in me,
We laced in soul, mind, heart and eager body;
Yet, we wanted more, much more of the other,
Till us two souls conjoin to form a single soul.
Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (As I Reach Her Palace by Praveen Kumar In Celestial Glow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Expression Eruption: Confidence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra