Geetima Baruah Sarma
Do we analyse what we lack?
Do we judge where we stand?
We feel uncomfortable seeing others
Standing on pedestals.
We try to pull them down
Instead of pulling ourselves up.
A sand-clock looks
Half full and half empty.
Why not try to fill up the void?
Perhaps we lack an asset.
The asset of courage,
The courage to move forward,
To judge ourselves,
To assess where we lack.
[Published in 'Fire Bird Poetry' on 23 October 2013]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asset by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid