Geetima Baruah Sarma
Do we analyse what we lack?
Do we judge where we stand?
We feel uncomfortable seeing others
Standing on pedestals.
We try to pull them down
Instead of pulling ourselves up.
A sand-clock looks
Half full and half empty.
Why not try to fill up the void?
Perhaps we lack an asset.
The asset of courage,
The courage to move forward,
To judge ourselves,
To assess where we lack.
[Published in 'Fire Bird Poetry' on 23 October 2013]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Asset by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
- Lagos, Henry Isiekwe
- Black as the rainbow…, DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- Nightmare, Donal Mahoney
- Feel as force, hasmukh amathalal
- Lost Children, Isabella Signa
- Pastor Homer Toots His Horn, Donal Mahoney
- Seconds In Prison, Naveed Akram
- The Light Brigade Charge, John F. McCullagh
- Farewell Forever, Sacha Hayes O'Grady
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)