At The End
I stand alone..
alone in the dark...
the truth of my soul laid bare..
even though there is no one to see...
my heart has grown still and cold...
with only the memory of its beating left behind..
slowly fading into the velvet realms embrace...
consumed by the deafening darkness...
im little more than memories now...
pale reflections of the man i was...
staring back from the black mirror that i called my soul...
twisted shadows and echos of a fallen life....
in that darkness a flame burns..
like a candle in a windless night....
drawing my eyes relentlessly unto its glare...
warmth seeping from its flicker...
so now as the end draws ever near...
as darkness beckons with welcome arms...
the memory of you burns bright within my heart...
and i know that even in the dark..
im never alone....
Peter Madden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At The End by Peter Madden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A moment of truth, Mark Heathcote
- After Jacques Brel, mary douglas
- I Didn't Want This To Admit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide