At The Level Crossing
Here I come to a halt
At the closed doorstep
Of the level crossing
On my daily path.
From the ashes
Of the driver’s seat
I rise like a Phoenix
And in no time get lost in the remains
Of a drowsy past.
There, I delicately felt
The dry petals of a red rose,
The clumsy lines of a crumpled love-letter,
And broken smiles of a pair of white lips
Pronouncing a few unintelligible
Alphabet at the parting time.
And I lend my anxious ears
To the dying echo of her
Receding footsteps overtaking me
During a heavy moment.
I also remember
How I pitied all and sundry
Who hastened to console me,
For they claimed to decipher
The language of my tears silently flowing
From the Gangotri of my eyes.
Here I wake up
On hearing the deafening honk
And metallic commotion
Of throbbing automobiles at my back,
As the level crossing opens
Before my eyes.
R.K Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (At The Level Crossing by R.K Das )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Beautiful Mistake, Noorjehan Khan
- A house divided, Doyen Lingua
- Just Be There, Ronell Warren Alman
- A COFFEE KETTLE FOR A CUP OF COFFEE غلاي.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Listen And Learn, Lilly Emery
- On getting dressed, Mark Heathcote
- Lesson, Michelle Claus
- Realities Dream, Cathy Hodgson
- THE TREACHEROUS SEA البحر الغدار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poem En Duo, Abekah Emmanuel